From Tom Sawyer to Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen, the novels that made us fans of books and of the words within.
Sep 1st, 2014, 8:36 am
3 books by Rachel DeWoskin
Requirements: Epub reader, 2.69 Mb
Overview: Rachel DeWoskin is the author of Foreign Babes in Beijing, a memoir about her inadvertent notoriety as the star of a Chinese soap opera, and a novel, Repeat After Me. She lives in New York City and Beijing and is at work on her fourth book, Statutory.
Genre: Young Adult, Fiction

Image Image Image

Blind
Imagine this: You are fourteen, watching the fireworks at a 4th of July party, when a rocket backfires into the crowd and strikes your eyes, leaving you blind. In that instant, your life is changed forever. How do you face a future in which all your expectations must be different? You will never see the face of your newborn sister, never learn to drive. Will you ever have a job or fall in love? This is Emma’s story. The drama is in her manysmall victories as she returns to high school in her home town and struggles to define herself and make sense of her life, determined not to be dismissed as a PBK – Poor Blind Kid. This heartfelt and heart wrenching story takes you on Emma’s journey and leaves you with a new understanding of the challenges to be faced when life deals a devastating blow.

Big Girl Small
Judy Lohden is your above-average sixteen-year-old—sarcastic and vulnerable, talented and uncertain, full of big dreams for a big future. With a singing voice that can shake an auditorium, she should be the star of Darcy Academy, the local performing arts high school. So why is a girl this promising hiding out in a seedy motel room on the edge of town?
The fact that the national media is on her trail after a controversy that might bring down the whole school could have something to do with it. And that scandal has something—but not everything—to do with the fact that Judy is three feet nine inches tall.

Repeat After Me
Aysha is a twenty-two-year-old New Yorker recovering from her parents' divorce and a nervous breakdown. Everything changes when the young Chinese dissident, Da Ge, enrolls in her English class hot on the heels of the Tiananmen Square massacre. Improbably and inescapably in love with Da Ge, Aysha ends up pulled in directions she never expected. Richly textured and full of sharp cross-cultural observations, Repeat After Me plunges the reader into a persuasive tale about love, loss, and language.

Download Instructions:
https://userscloud.com/jr39gey4wtgv
(Closed Filehost) https://hulkload.com/fhlly8se255t
Sep 1st, 2014, 8:36 am
Sep 14th, 2015, 8:16 pm
Added:
Big Girl Small
Repeat After Me
Sep 14th, 2015, 8:16 pm