From Tom Sawyer to Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen, the novels that made us fans of books and of the words within.
May 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm
Winter Damage by Natasha Carthew (August 2013)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 470 Kb
Overview: On a frozen Cornish moor, a fourteen-year-old girl lives in a trailer with her dad and little brother. Ennor's mother left years ago, when things started to go wrong - and gradually their world has fallen apart.

Now her father is gravely ill, school has closed, and Ennor knows they're going to take her brother away if things don't pick up soon. Days before Christmas, when the wind is cold and her dad's health takes a turn for the worse, Ennor packs a blanket, a map, a saucepan, and a gun into her rucksack, and sets off to find her mum and bring her home.

Ennor thinks she knows where she's going. But this journey will change her life forever - it becomes a battle for survival, a heartbreaking story of love and friendship, and a fable about not finding what you were looking for, but finding something more important instead...

Shortlisted for the prestigious Branford Boase Award
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Post-Apocalypse (Climate Change)

"A heart-rending quest story about children in a bitterly cold, climate-changed Cornwall, searching for the everyday comforts and love of the world so recently lost". ~Susan Elkin, The Independent

"Introducing a resourceful teenage heroine in bitter circumstances ... This gripping quest tale is set in Cornwall in a near-future suffering the effects of climate change and social collapse." ~Geraldine Brennan, The Observer

"Small but perfectly formed, Winter Damage is the sort of book that begs to be read out loud, even if there's no-one else near to hear it. It's a stone-cold stunner with an uncommonly humble heart, and I urge you to take in into yours, too." ~Niall Alexander, Tor.com

Download Instructions:
UploadProper

Mirror:
Uploadrar
May 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm

I am on medical leave, away from home and my files. Please hold your re-upload requests for my return, ~15 May 2024.

Thank you.