From Tom Sawyer to Harry Potter to Katniss Everdeen, the novels that made us fans of books and of the words within.
Jun 26th, 2013, 2:07 am
Skellig series, Plus Play by David Almond (Book 0.5 & 01)
Requirements: ePUB Reader | 9.5 MB | Version: Retail
Overview: Born in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1951 and grew up in the small mining town of Felling.
David was educated at the University of East Anglia and Newcastle Polytechnic. After graduating he worked as a teacher for five years before moving to a remote artists' commune in Norfolk to concentrate on his writing. He then returned to Newcastle, where he worked as a part-time Special Needs teacher and edited the literary fiction journal Panurge. He is an experienced creative writing teacher and has worked for the Arvon Foundation and for schools, colleges and universities and is in demand as a speaker at festivals and conferences around the world.
Genre: Young Adult/ Children

Image Image Image

0.5: My Name Is Mina:
There's an empty notebook lying on the table in the moonlight. It's been there for an age. I keep on saying that I'll write a journal. So I'll start right here, right now. I open the book and write the very first words: My name is Mina and I love the night. Then what shall I write? I can't just write that this happened then this happened then this happened to boring infinitum. I'll let my journal grow just like the mind does, just like a tree or a beast does, just like life does. Why should a book tell a tale in a dull straight line? And so Mina writes and writes in her journal, and through her stories and poems there grows an opus of her life - her lessons, her loves, her beliefs, her mum, her dad, her thoughts and her dreams.

1. Skellig:
Michael and his family have just moved to a new home, which proves more dramatic than any of them had imagined. The house is a true fixer-upper, and Michael's new baby sister, born prematurely, is seriously ill. While his parents are consumed with worry about the baby, Michael is left alone with his own fears. But when he explores the house's crumbling garage, he discovers a frail creature with wings who becomes a most magical friend. It's hard to say whether the creature, which eventually introduces itself as Skellig, is a man, an angel or a ghost. As Michael and his new neighbor Mina spend time with Skellig, they learn about the transforming power of caring and love as they tend to Skellig's infirmities and cater to his fondness for Chinese takeout. Part mystery, part fantasy, Almond's story is made all the more memorable by his easygoing delivery and distinctive accent. Ages 8-up.
Skellig was the Whitbread Children's Book of the Year and it won the Carnegie Medal in Literature from the Library Association, recognising the year's outstanding children's book by a British subject. Since publication, it has also been adapted into a play, an opera, and a film.

Skellig: Two Plays
David Almond turns his talents to drama in these two plays. Skellig is the dramatization of his highly acclaimed novel. What has Michael found in the derelict garage? What is this creature that lies in the darkness? Is it human, or a strange beast never seen before? And what will happen in the world when he carries it out into the light?
Wild Girl, Wild Boy is an original play produced in London by the Pop-Up Theatre company. Young Elaine has recently lost her father, and now she spends her days dreaming in the family's garden, skipping school, unable to read or write. One day, Elaine conjures up a Wild Boy from spells and fairy seed. No one else can see him, and Elaine disappears into a world of fantasy where she and Wild Boy remember the teachings of her father. Will her mother ever come to understand?

Download Instructions:
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/dc56p9mx08tb
https://uploadrar.com/cvqu69cs14nw

13 Books by David Almond:

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Jun 26th, 2013, 2:07 am

Dec 12th, 2013, 6:36 pm
Added: 0.5 - My Name Is Mina
Dec 12th, 2013, 6:36 pm
Jan 16th, 2022, 2:49 am
Added: Skellig: Two Plays
Jan 16th, 2022, 2:49 am