Chick lit, historical, contemporary, fantasy, time-travel, paranormal romance
Jan 7th, 2014, 9:57 pm
Five Historical Novels by Ann Barker
Requirements: ePub Reader, Mobi Reader, 3.3 MB
Overview: Ann Barker is a historical novelist who's confirmed her position as a "sparkling voice of the genre". Her favourite period in history is the eighteenth century. She likes to write romantic stories with some humour and happy ending. Ann's novels are available around the world.

"I very much hope that for you it will be a stepping stone to the world of Georgian and Regency romance. In some ways, this world is a million miles away from ours. They lived without so many inventions that we take for granted. Yet they were people just like you and me; people with hopes and fears, joys and sorrows, dreams and aspirations. It is my aim to build a bridge between our world and theirs through the books that I write. I hope that when you read one of my books, you may feel that for a little while you have entered into that world and come to know my characters almost as friends." —Ann Barker
Genre: Historical Romance

Image Image Image Image Image

Lady of Lincoln: Emily Whittaker's life in Lincoln is one of good works, and the closest thing to romance in her experience is her lukewarm relationship with Dr. Boyle. A new friendship with Nathalie Fanshawe brings interest to her life, and makes possible a welcome visit to the seaside. On her return to Lincoln, she finds that Canon Trimmer and his family have moved into the cathedral close, and visiting them is Mrs. Trimmer's brother, Sir Gareth Blades. The baronet seems to be a figure of romance and, to Emily's amazement, he appears to be attracted to her. But the arrival of Annis Hughes convinces Emily that there is a mysterious side to Sir Gareth, and the discovery of a connection between the baronet and Mrs. Fanshawe leads Emily to think the very worst. Is Sir Gareth the gallant gentleman he appears, or a heartless rake? And would Emily be better off settling for Dr Boyle after all?

Jilted: When Eustacia Hope is jilted at the altar, her parents decide to save her reputation by sending her to stay with her godmother, Lady Agatha Rayner, a clergyman's widow. Eustacia's mother warns her to have nothing to do with Lady Agatha's brother, the notorious Lord Ashbourne, nor with his son, Lord Ilam. Eustacia soon discovers that her godmother, too, has a hidden side, as she plots and schemes to remain in the vicarage in defiance of the bishop's wishes.Soon after her arrival, Eustacia meets Lord Ilam who, although an attractive man in his own right, has always felt as if he was living in his father's shadow. The two are attracted to one another, and Ilam even takes her to meet his foster family, who farm locally.But it is only after the arrival of Eustacia's estranged fiance and the unexpected appearance of Lord Ashbourne that matters can be resolved in a way that is satisfactory to all parties.

Ruined: Jessie Warburton was been hopelessly in love with the rakish Earl of Ashbourne for years. Tired of being ignored, she accepts the proposal of the Reverend Henry Lusty, and goes to London to stay with Mrs Machin, her fiance's sister. Mrs Machin, a secret writer of sensational novels, is delighted to learn that her visitor is closely acquainted with a rake, and seeks to take advantage of the situation. To help her hostess with her writing, Jessie immerses herself in London life, and the earl experiences a change of role, as he finds himself having to keep a watchful eye over her. In London, Jesse blossoms, and Ashbourne becomes attracted to her, but he is not her only admirer. Will Jessie make the right choice?

Spoiled: Evangeline Granby is so tired of her aunt's lectures on morality that she allows a handsome young gallant to take her to an inn where they indulge in a desperate and very improper flirtation. Never expecting to see him again, Evangeline is horrified to discover that he is the Reverend Michael Buckleigh, the newly appointed curate for the village where she lives. Michael is just as horrified, for he has already blotted his copybook and this new appointment is his last chance to make amends. The attraction between the pair flares at subsequent meetings but Michael knows that, however spoiled Evangeline may be, her father will never consent to their blossoming love. Soon Michael must face the infamous Lord Ashbourne and risk everything he has so that he and Evangeline might attain the happiness they yearn for.

A Country Gentleman: Lord Thurlby can only ever recall previous visits of Lavinia Muir, his mother's god-daughter, with a shudder. So it is with undisguised horror that he hears she is to come and stay again. Her arrival on the common stage accompanied by the flirtatious Isobel Macclesfield does nothing to allay his fears. When he learns that Lavinia has become entangled with the rakish Lord Riseholm, his reservations appear to be justified. With the passing of time perceptions begin to change and only with the arrival of Lord Riseholm himself can matters begin to be resolved once and for all.

Download Instructions:
https://drop.download/awvbm1gnqwnf

Mirror:
(Closed Filehost) https://hugefiles.net/du9bzc1c1bbg
(Closed Filehost) https://hulkload.com/xbzgt5cy3qzw
Jan 7th, 2014, 9:57 pm