Assorted books or authors in one topic
Oct 8th, 2023, 12:13 pm
3 Short Story Collections by John Sam Jones (2000-2022)
Requirements: .ePUB, .MOBI/.AZW reader, 617 kb
Overview: John Sam Jones was born in Barmouth on the north-west coast of Wales in 1956.
After secondary school at Ysgol Ardudwy in Harlech he went on to study biology at Aberystwyth University, and then theology as a World Council of Churches Scholar in Berkeley, California.  He realised he was gay as a teenager at the beginning of the 1970s and began his life-long coming out at the age of eighteen.
His collection of short stories – Welsh Boys Too – was an Honour Book winner in the American Library Association Stonewall Book Awards. His second collection was the acclaimed Fishboys of Vernazza, which was short-listed for the Wales Book of the Year. He has also published two novels With Angels and Furies and Crawling Through Thorns. He published a memoir The Journey is Home: Notes from a Life on the Edge in 2021 which also appeared in Welsh, translated by Sian Northey, as Y Daith Ydi Adra, Stori Gŵr ar y Ffin.
After working in ministry, education and public health for more than thirty years, John lives with his husband in a small German village a stone’s throw from the Dutch border.
Genre: Collections > Fiction > Short Stories (Single Author) > Lgbtq+ > Gay

Image .. Image .. Image

Fishboys of Vernazza; Short Story Collection (2003)
Moving through city steam rooms, rugged north Wales mountains and estuaries facing other places, the young men in this collection make choices. Risky sex, new romance and easy understanding, a mortgage on a semi or keeping a lid on it all for the sake of family, status and belief... These sensual stories by prize-winning author John Sam Jones reveal a lucid prose, etched with echoes of the sea that signal eternity in very different worlds.
Kiss and Tell: Selected Stories (2022)
'Are these the best gay stories since Tennessee Williams' One Arm?'' – Booklist Selected for the first time in a single new edition, these sensual stories by prize-winning author John Sam Jones reveal lucid prose and complex lives. Moving through city steam rooms, rugged North Wales mountains and estuaries facing other places. Risky sex, new romance and easy understanding, a mortgage on a semi or keeping a lid on it all for the sake family, status and belief... Including previously unseen work, and a foreword by David Llewellyn.
“Those who enjoyed Welsh Boys Too will find that Fishboys of Vernazza is even better. These ten stories are sometimes poignant, often witty and always perceptive.”
Welsh Boys Too (2000)
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. Each discusses the life of a gay man in some way. However, more than that, many are simply stories of people; people living their everyday lives. One of the stories I found most moving was of two children's weekend with their uncles. A child view of a secure, loving relationship. Nothing alien or different here. Just a life being lived in love.
I really liked John Sam Jones' writing style, I read all 8 short stories in a weekend and I was disappointed when I got to the end. Always a sign of a good book. I'll be looking out for more of his work.

Download Instructions - all 3 collections (1.9 Mb):
https://dropgalaxy.vip/8edwqdn2quab

Mirror:
https://mega.nz/file/Qk4jiCTD#a0aBy6NsV2_gfxButap8X8KogjpD5q-7kFq0afBRB0M

"Fishboys of Vernazza" and "Welsh Boys Too" Short Stories by John Sam Jones have been scanned and converted to retail quality ebooks using ABBYYFineReader and Sigil.

Edit: New download links added 28 Dec 2023

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Oct 8th, 2023, 12:13 pm

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.