Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Mar 21st, 2012, 5:46 pm
2 Novels by Sherry Roberts
Requirements: ePub, Mobi Reader, 1.18 MB.
Overview: My novels combine humor and unforgettable characters as they explore issues of the day. Book of Mercy features a mother-to-be who wages a battle against censorship in her town. Maud's House explores what happens when a small Vermont town losses its creativity.

My essay writing started when I was a journalist in Missouri, Vermont, and North Carolina. I wrote op-ed pieces for USA Today. Now, all my essay stuff goes on my blog, where I write about anything from censorship to ridiculous devices to enhance your cat's intelligence.

In the lovely Minnesota summers, I grow flowers: from dahlias and geraniums to lantanas and zinnias; practice my yoga; ride my bike; and feed the hummingbirds. In the sometimes-long, but always pretty Minnesota winters, I walk in the snow, read by the fire (probably the latest Dennis LeHane or Jim Butcher), and bake cookies. And I watch basketball, alternately howling with affection or growling with despair at the Minnesota Timberwolves. I have yet to become too attached to baseball and the Twins. I fear I might have a bit of my mother in me, who was a HUGE St. Louis Cardinals fan and complained when they stopped taking her calls.

ImageImage

Maud's House
As a brilliant child artist, Maud Calhoun put Round Corners on the map with paintings that covered every inch of her house. Now, pressured to paint a mural for her small Vermont hometown, Maud searches for the inspiration that has eluded her for ten years. With humor and warmth, Maud struggles to reclaim herself and her art as her tightly-knit community's tale unfolds.

Book of Mercy
Antigone Brown has trouble reading road signs, keeps a stone in her pocket to help her remember right from left, and despairs of ever being a good mother to her unborn child. As she is quick to tell you, she is not hero material. She runs a deer farm and vegetarian cafe in Mercy, North Carolina, where textiles—not tourism—is king and where Irene Crump and the Mercy Study Club run the show.

But then Antigone takes in a homeless boy against her husband’s wishes and the Study Club forces her best friend, the school librarian, to remove “undesirable” books from the school’s collection. And soon Antigone finds herself challenging the controlling Irene and fighting for the very things that have made her life a misery—books. The dyslexic Antigone starts her own library and sets in motion a series of events destined to change Mercy forever.

Book of Mercy is a fun novel about a serious subject (book banning). Without losing a healthy sense of humor, it touches on issues close to the hearts of parents, librarians, people who love reading, and people who hate it.

Download Instructions:
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/318774 ... oberts.rar

Mirrors:
http://mir.cr/IMIDCZEP
http://uploadmirrors.com/download/0OWICOBP/sroberts.rar
Mar 21st, 2012, 5:46 pm

please DO NOT PM ME WITH REPOSTS as I am inactive as an ebook releaser as of 2014. Thank you