May 20th, 2015, 1:36 pm
Hello,

Does anyone else having problems with book links to the Mafia Storage site? All I get is blank pages and thus no books. :-(
May 20th, 2015, 1:36 pm

Sometimes I ask myself, “Why does that ball keep getting bigger?” And then it hits me…
May 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm
beiink wrote:Hello,

Does anyone else having problems with book links to the Mafia Storage site? All I get is blank pages and thus no books. :-(
MafiaStorage suffered major database problems so the blank page is all you'll get from links posted before March/April 2015 when they relaunched the site: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=1073320
May 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm
May 21st, 2015, 4:25 pm
How do I delete messages from pm (cannot find a delete button anywhere )
May 21st, 2015, 4:25 pm
May 21st, 2015, 5:25 pm
graham141 wrote:How do I delete messages from pm (cannot find a delete button anywhere )

There are two wee buttons on the bottom right of each pm, a red exclamation mark (!) and a blue 'x'. The x-button is for delete.

Alternatively, if you've several pms you would like to delete, you can do that from the main folder window; for example, from the Inbox main view:
* Click the Mark box beside each pm you want to delete
* Click the drop-down menu whose default selection is 'Mark/Unmark as important'
* Select 'Delete marked'
May 21st, 2015, 5:25 pm
May 27th, 2015, 10:36 pm
Q? How can one distinguish retail ePub from non retail? I see requests for ePub retail only....I don't understand the necessity....thanks
May 27th, 2015, 10:36 pm

- Check Out PinkWorld's FuN NeW Game - SPOT ART -
May 27th, 2015, 10:50 pm
Thanks NYboy. Have wondered the same.
May 27th, 2015, 10:50 pm
May 30th, 2015, 10:25 pm
nyuboy11 wrote:Q? How can one distinguish retail ePub from non retail? I see requests for ePub retail only....I don't understand the necessity....thanks

To directly answer your question: I always request retail copies as opposed to ARC copies.
I assume that by now every new book wouldn't be a scan/OCR :lol:
May 30th, 2015, 10:25 pm

I’m sorry but I can’t keep up here, feel free to take over my releases.
Jun 1st, 2015, 11:06 am
Can somebody work this out for me, I was searching for a book on here with my iPad using safari and found it so I went to my computer and use Firefox browser to download it but when I put the same search info in it came up as, No suitable matches were found, I tried just the book title then just the authors name in full then the title it was uploaded with I got from my iPad and still nothing. In the end I looked at the upload date and trawled back to the date and found it and downloaded it, anybody got an explanation.
Jun 1st, 2015, 11:06 am
Jun 1st, 2015, 12:31 pm
Hello ... I am noticing that the search function is not working as usual also. Were big changes very recently made to the search function on this site? Or is it just malfunctioning?
Jun 1st, 2015, 12:31 pm
Jun 1st, 2015, 1:02 pm
ysgol wrote:Can somebody work this out for me, I was searching for a book on here with my iPad using safari and found it so I went to my computer and use Firefox browser to download it but when I put the same search info in it came up as, No suitable matches were found, I tried just the book title then just the authors name in full then the title it was uploaded with I got from my iPad and still nothing. In the end I looked at the upload date and trawled back to the date and found it and downloaded it, anybody got an explanation.

LGM12 wrote:Hello ... I am noticing that the search function is not working as usual also. Were big changes very recently made to the search function on this site? Or is it just malfunctioning?

We do have explanations and answers, that's what this HELP thread is for. Please check the relevant link in the opening post, looks like this:

eBook Help Desk

Jun 1st, 2015, 1:02 pm
Jun 1st, 2015, 6:13 pm
Sorry, the search doesn't work properly - even popular authors such as Nora Roberts don't work. I am properly logged in and it is happening on all my computers.
Jun 1st, 2015, 6:13 pm
Jun 1st, 2015, 6:54 pm
svale, you've missed merry60's point. Click the link she provides above to the very first post in this eBook Help Desk thread. Once you get there, click the link that merry has indicated in the image below, beside the large red arrow: Having a problem with the SEARCH? READ THIS!:

Jun 1st, 2015, 6:54 pm
Jun 4th, 2015, 5:44 am
Hello, I want to post a release but the title of the book is too long. The title plus the author's name won't fit in the title box. What's the best thing to do?
Jun 4th, 2015, 5:44 am

PM me if links are dead. :)
Jun 4th, 2015, 6:26 am
craprincess wrote:Hello, I want to post a release but the title of the book is too long. The title plus the author's name won't fit in the title box. What's the best thing to do?

When that happens it's best to truncate the book title. Always include the full name of the author plus the file format. Those are the important bits. For the shortened title, you can use keywords or key phrases.

We make up for any truncating of the title in the subject field by always including the full title in the post heading, where space is not limited.
Jun 4th, 2015, 6:26 am